Posted: 09 Feb 2010"The producer of a controversial documentary about Uighur leader Rebiya Kadeer says the ABC told him it decided against screening the film last December because it wanted 'things to settle down a bit'. ABC News Online has obtained an email from an ABC television executive to the film's producer John Lewis, which suggests that a screening date was scheduled, but then dropped. The documentary, the 10 Conditions of Love, was at the centre of a row last year after Chinese officials tried to get it pulled from the Melbourne film festival. ... When asked today on Radio National if the documentary was on December 17, [ABC MD Mark] Scott said it had not. 'It was never locked in for December 17 I'm told, and we will be showing it this year,' he said. But Mr Lewis strongly rejects Mr Scott's denial, saying he had numerous conversations both over the phone and through email with the ABC about it late last year. ... The ABC wants to expand its international television service, Australia Network, into China." Emma Rodgers, ABC News, 9 February 2010. See previous post about same subject.
Copyright 2006–2019 Kim Andrew Elliott.